Herons is the signature restaurant of The Umstead Hotel and Spa, open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. The intimate 98-seat dining room features a full-view kitchen, curved ceilings, original artwork and floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the terrace, lawn and lake.
Executive Chef Scott Crawford and Chef de Cuisine John Childers, masterfully redefine American cooking by presenting classic ideas deftly translated with local, seasonal ingredients and precise technique, brightening each ingredient’s flavor and purpose. The Umstead is pleased to offer homegrown fruits, vegetables and herbs from our nearby dedicated farm. Herons has been recognized by Food & Wine, Condé Nast Traveler, and Southern Living, in addition to receiving numerous accolades and awards including Five Stars from Forbes Travel Guide and Five Diamonds from AAA.
To make a reservation at Herons, click here or call 919-447-4200.
- To make a reservation at Herons, click here or call 919-447-4000
- Breakfast: Monday through Friday 6:30am – 10:00am
- Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30am – 2:00pm
- Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 7:00am – 2:00pm
- Dinner: Monday through Saturday 5:30pm – 10:00pm
- Dress Code: Business Casual (shorts and sandals not permitted)
- Private Dining: Semi-Private room seating 8, Private Dining Room seating 12
- Parking: Complimentary Valet Parking Available